Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm Here in Saint Lucia!



Hey Everybody, I'm here. This was a long trip. My trip began at the United States Post Office in Torrance on January 24, 2009. I arrived in Saint Lucia on February 18, 2009.


I have been waiting for two days for Karen to pick me up from the Peace Corps Volunteer Office in Castries. I've been well taken care of by Hermina who is the Administrative Assistant. She was very gentle with me when she put me into Karen’s mail slot. Karen had to get on a bus and travel to the capitol which took about an hour. I was very excited to see her! She got her camera out right away to document my trip.


I will be mostly resting until Jay and Kevin arrive on March 19. That’s when the real fun will begin. In the meantime this is Saint Lucia’s thirty year anniversary of their independence and there are a lot of celebrations on the island. Next week, I will be attending the Micoud Village Library exhibit that Karen helped create. I will tell you about what I learn.


We listened to a lot of Raggae music on the bus back to the village.



You can follow my adventure. I will post something once a week. You and your friends and teacher can become a follower of my blog. Everyone can make comments or ask questions and I will answer you! I hope this blog will allow you to be part of my adventure.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like Flat Erika has a nice safe trip to Saint Lucia! We all are looking forward to following the blog. Erika will share the blog with her teacher and classmates. That should be a lot of fun for them. Thanks again for all your hard work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss you flat erika. why did you catch an early flight without kevin and i? i can't wait to see you, and start our caribbean adventures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Jay, but I was so anxious to be here. I will be getting everything ready for you! Did you see the map of Saint Lucia? Can you find Micoud? Mwe Ka-Ale (I'm going, good-bye)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristi! I'm so happy I already have four followers. It will be exciting to share this adventure with you, Erika and her classmates. Did you know that Dunstan St. Omar is a very famous artist on Saint Lucia? He has been called the Michelangelo of Saint Lucia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your gonna have a great time flat erika. Ill make sure my mom takes good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen. I forwarded the address of Flat Erika's blog to my family. It turned out 3D Erika's Great Grandparents were in St. Lucia visiting the Rain Forest and hot springs in January. Small World! Thanks for allowing us to share Flat Erika's adventure.

    ReplyDelete