Sunday, March 15, 2009

Critters and Creatures


Bonjou! Mwen ni ywit lanne. Ki laj ou ye? As you can see I am learning a lot of Kweyol. I just said, Hello, I am eight years old. How old are you? I am feeling more grown up since my birthday earlier this week.


This is a picture of the village. Ask Jay to show you where we are living. He knows.


We have a lot of animals and creatures in our village and in Saint Lucia. Here are some of them:


Look at this tiny frog. There are lots of them here in the village. They have very big eyes. I wonder if it makes them see better. What do you think?




Butterfly’s are always fun to look at. They are so pretty.






There are lots of goats. People tie them up so they don’t wander off. They sleep most of the day! Isn’t the baby goat cute? The mother goat was calling her baby goat in this picture. The baby goat was upset because it could not figure out how to get to her mom.










Do you see the little hermit crab? He is hiding in his shell.


There are lots of humming birds on the island. Can you find him in the picture? You can click on it to make it larger.






Look at the crab! There are lots of them. People set traps, catch them and have them for dinner. Ah, poor crab.









Here’s an ant. They are smaller than ours. They are brown and there are lots of them. Karen set traps and killed them. Now she feels kind of bad.



Mombo and Crystal, our neighbors have a dog who just had puppies. Aren't they cute?




At night we hear crickets - lots of crickets. They sing all night long. About 4:00 in the morning the roosters start crowing. Roosters and chickens walk up and down our street. They are very noisy.


Well, that's about all for now.


7 comments:

  1. Hey I think you should not kill the crabs.I should not kill crab because I don't even like crab.You should because they freak me out and I don't like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi 3D Erika; don't worry. If you don't like crab, neither do I. You know we are just like twin sisters so we like the same things! I think the puppies are cute too. Wait until you see my next post! It looks more scary than it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all the critters are so cute in the picture. Critters live are a different story. Something interesting about other places, though, is that they have different plants and animals, critters, bugs and all those things. Pretty cool, huh? Flat Erika...keep the critter pictures...just don't bring any home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi - you would really like the roaches! They are twice the size of ours. I hope one doesn't get stuck in my luggage when I return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with 3D erika. crabs freak me out and the puppies are cute, but not as cute as erika!!! i love you sweetheart.

    big huggies,
    flat jay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see you Flat Jay!!! I won't even complain about a big huggie!

    ReplyDelete